Where do .DAT files come from when documented is created by Word 2007?

Old January 8th 09, 06:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed Sowell

Default Where do .DAT files come from when documented is created by Word 2007?

What would cause Word 2007 created files to become .dat files?

Full story: When I receive a file as an Outlook attachemnt it arrives with
the DAT extension. The sender swears the file was created and saved with
Word 2007.
Nonetheless, it can be opened with Word and appears to be fine.

TIA

Ed

Old January 8th 09, 09:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As noted elsewhere, this is the result of overzealous AV software. Try
zipping the file before attaching it.

http://word.mvps.org