A Microsoft Word forum. Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter forum » Microsoft Word Newsgroups » Microsoft Word Help
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Word Unexpectedly Closes



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old January 14th 09, 07:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jbuenger
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3
Default Word Unexpectedly Closes

I have Office XP; Word 2003
When working in a document, Word continually displays the message "Microsoft
Office Word has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for
the inconvenience." The screen then freezes until I manually close out of
word.

I've followed the directions in
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm, but the problem
reoccurs.

Ideas?
Ads
  #2  
Old January 15th 09, 06:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 19,312
Default Word Unexpectedly Closes

Did you also checkout
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm which covers
all the common causes of Word crashes?

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org



jbuenger wrote:
I have Office XP; Word 2003
When working in a document, Word continually displays the message
"Microsoft Office Word has encountered a problem and needs to close.
We are sorry for the inconvenience." The screen then freezes until I
manually close out of word.

I've followed the directions in
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm, but the
problem reoccurs.

Ideas?



  #3  
Old January 15th 09, 04:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jnet
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6
Default Word Unexpectedly Closes

Yes. I checked out
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm and did
everything suggested except deleting the datakey as that didn't seem like it
would fix the problem. Ideas?
--
Jnet


"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Did you also checkout
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm which covers
all the common causes of Word crashes?

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org



jbuenger wrote:
I have Office XP; Word 2003
When working in a document, Word continually displays the message
"Microsoft Office Word has encountered a problem and needs to close.
We are sorry for the inconvenience." The screen then freezes until I
manually close out of word.

I've followed the directions in
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm, but the
problem reoccurs.

Ideas?




  #4  
Old January 16th 09, 06:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 19,312
Default Word Unexpectedly Closes

A corrupt data key in the registry can cause crashes, which is why it is
included in the article.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org



Jnet wrote:
Yes. I checked out
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm and did
everything suggested except deleting the datakey as that didn't seem
like it would fix the problem. Ideas?

Did you also checkout
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm which
covers all the common causes of Word crashes?

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org



jbuenger wrote:
I have Office XP; Word 2003
When working in a document, Word continually displays the message
"Microsoft Office Word has encountered a problem and needs to close.
We are sorry for the inconvenience." The screen then freezes until
I manually close out of word.

I've followed the directions in
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm, but the
problem reoccurs.

Ideas?



 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Word unexpectedly closes - normal.dot The Job Dr. Microsoft Word Help 4 March 25th 08 09:31 PM
Word closes unexpectedly while typing JoAnn Microsoft Word Help 2 May 1st 07 03:32 PM
Word 2003 Unexpectedly Closes Steve Microsoft Word Help 1 November 16th 06 09:05 PM
word unexpectedly closes after opening a file. Can anyone help? Ulsterman Microsoft Word Help 0 August 11th 06 04:47 PM
Word Closes Unexpectedly Mo Microsoft Word Help 2 December 15th 04 03:13 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2014 Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.