Watermarks and Multiple Sections

Old January 20th 09, 04:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
buddy

Default Watermarks and Multiple Sections

I have a document with 2 sections. The headers and footers in the sections
are not linked (I don't want the header/footer to show on my cover page).
When I try to add a watermark, it won't appear on all pages. If I add it in
my first section (the cover page) it appears there only. If I add it in the
section section, it shows up on all the pages, except for the cover page. Am
I doing something wrong, or is this just how Word works?

Thanks,

Buddy
Old January 20th 09, 06:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Insert the watermark in one section or the other. Then view the header,
select and copy the watermark, and paste it into the header of the other
section.

http://word.mvps.org

Old February 18th 09, 03:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Red

How do you "select" the watermark? I'm just using the default "Draft 1"
watermark, and I have 10 sections in my document. I need it to show up on
every page of the document, but it will only show up in one section. Also,
on pages with inserted graphics (TIFF maps), the watermark is covered by the
graphic, and it won't let me select "Send to Back". Is there a quick
solution for this?

Old February 18th 09, 04:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Red

Never mind--I figured it out. And I used transparent text boxes over the
graphics and pasted the watermark in. Took a little more time that way, but
it still worked.