Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kamal kamal is offline

Default Problem with footnotes in urban report template of word 2007

Hello,
I am currently using word 2007. I have made a report using the 'urban
report' template. Whenever one inserts a footnote (say footnote number 1), a
small and thin line appears at the bottom of the page, below the line the
number of the footnote appears (in this case '1') along which one can type
the text regarding that particular footnote number. The problem is in this
'urban report' template, the small line that appears is around 4 cm above the
number of footnote and its text. This looks really stupid, because I cant do
anything with that 4 cm space in my page. I tried dragging the line down, but
it doesn't get selected. However, this problem is not there in other
templates, say 'equity'. Can anyone help me to fix this line of the footnote
in the urban template.
Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Switch to Draft view. On the References tab, click Show Notes. In the
Footnotes pane, choose the Footnote Separator item. If you display
nonprinting marks, for example by pressing Ctrl+Shift+8, you'll see that it
contains excessive paragraph marks (¶) which you can delete manually, or you
can press the Reset button to restore the original footnote separator. Close
the Footnotes pane and return to the desired view.

To fix the issue within the template, open it as a document (via the Open
dialog box), insert a footnote and repeat the above procedure. Be sure to
delete your footnote before saving and closing the template.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"kamal" wrote in message
[...]