Table turns blue and can't see what I'm typing.

Old February 3rd 09, 04:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Barbara G

Default Table turns blue and can't see what I'm typing.

As soon as I start to type in a table cell, the whole cell turns blue and I
can't see what I'm typing. Please help!
Old February 3rd 09, 06:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

This is a result of having specific buttons on your QAT. Some of the known
offenders are "Different first page" and "Different odd and even." If you
don't have those, try removing others till you find the culprit--and please
let us know what it is so we can add it to the list. (Ah, wait, I see you
already have.)

http://word.mvps.org

Old February 3rd 09, 09:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

In this case, it was the "specify header distance" command
on the quick access toolbar. When the user removed it, the problem
disappeared.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Old February 19th 09, 06:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Henn9660

Okay y'all, where the heck is the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT)? Having the
same problem as the sender reported, I don't see a QAT under the Toolbar
options. And yes, I do feel like an idiot!! LOL, Jeff

Old February 19th 09, 10:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

The QAT is only in Word 2007, which is why no one has responded to your post
since your problem surely can't have the same cause, though the effect
certainly seems the same.

http://word.mvps.org

news