Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ynez Ynez is offline

Default adding additional heading styles

Good Afternoon,

I am using Word 2000 on Windows XP.

I have a document that is currently using 1-9 Heading Styles, (1., 1.1 ,
1.1.1 etc.) and we want to add some additional styles that the numbering can
be set for roman numerals ( I., I.I., I.I.I. etc.) but I am not sure how to
accomplish this as I have never tried to have to sets of heading.

Any suggestions or help will be much appreciated.

Ynez Dugan
Sr. Assoc., Regulatory Operations
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc.

--
Ynez Dugan
Regulatory Operations
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You can apply numbering to any set of styles, not just to headings. The
principles described in the article at
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html still apply.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ynez" wrote in message
Good Afternoon,

I am using Word 2000 on Windows XP.

I have a document that is currently using 1-9 Heading Styles, (1., 1.1 ,
1.1.1 etc.) and we want to add some additional styles that the numbering
can
be set for roman numerals ( I., I.I., I.I.I. etc.) but I am not sure how
accomplish this as I have never tried to have to sets of heading.

Any suggestions or help will be much appreciated.

Ynez Dugan
Sr. Assoc., Regulatory Operations
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc.

--
Ynez Dugan
Regulatory Operations

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

And if you want your custom numbered styles to have outline levels, you can
define such levels for the styles via the Modify Style dialog box (in the
dialog box, click Format, and then click Paragraph; you'll find the "Outline
level" option on the Indents and Spacing tab).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ynez" wrote in message
Good Afternoon,

I am using Word 2000 on Windows XP.

I have a document that is currently using 1-9 Heading Styles, (1., 1.1 ,
1.1.1 etc.) and we want to add some additional styles that the numbering
can
be set for roman numerals ( I., I.I., I.I.I. etc.) but I am not sure how
accomplish this as I have never tried to have to sets of heading.

Any suggestions or help will be much appreciated.

Ynez Dugan
Sr. Assoc., Regulatory Operations
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc.

--
Ynez Dugan
Regulatory Operations

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ynez Ynez is offline

Hi Stefan,
Thanks for the assistance, I have been able to create a new style but can't
seem to get it to auto number like the built in heading styles do. I created
a Roman Numeral Heading I and got to where I needed the heading to be III and
under that I need the next heading to be III.1 but I can't seem to figure how
to have a second or third level and auto numbered so that I can just apply
the style.

--
Ynez Dugan
Regulatory Operations

"Ynez" wrote in message
Good Afternoon,

I am using Word 2000 on Windows XP.

I have a document that is currently using 1-9 Heading Styles, (1., 1.1 ,
1.1.1 etc.) and we want to add some additional styles that the numbering
can
be set for roman numerals ( I., I.I., I.I.I. etc.) but I am not sure how
accomplish this as I have never tried to have to sets of heading.

Any suggestions or help will be much appreciated.

Ynez Dugan
Sr. Assoc., Regulatory Operations
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc.

--
Ynez Dugan
Regulatory Operations

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ynez Ynez is offline

Hi Stefan,
Thanks for the help, I have been able to create the new heading at a level 1
that is the roman numeral, the part that I can't seem to get to is to have a
level 2 or 3. For instance I am now at III and need the next heading to be
III.1.
Can I do this so it automatically numbered when I want a heading 2? And
this document is still using the built in heading styles 1-9 so I am needing
new headings not modifying the ones that I already have.
Thanks for the assistance

--
Ynez Dugan
Regulatory Operations

"Ynez" wrote in message
Good Afternoon,

I am using Word 2000 on Windows XP.

I have a document that is currently using 1-9 Heading Styles, (1., 1.1 ,
1.1.1 etc.) and we want to add some additional styles that the numbering
can
be set for roman numerals ( I., I.I., I.I.I. etc.) but I am not sure how
accomplish this as I have never tried to have to sets of heading.

Any suggestions or help will be much appreciated.

Ynez Dugan
Sr. Assoc., Regulatory Operations
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc.

--
Ynez Dugan
Regulatory Operations

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ynez Ynez is offline

Hi Stefan,
Thanks for your assistance, I have created a Heading I at level 1 but I
cant seem to get it to do a level 2. What I need now is I am at the point
in the doc where I have III and the next heading needs to be III.1. I cant
seem to figure out to apply a heading level 2 to get it to do this. This doc
is currently using the built in heading style 1-9 s later in the doc so I
cant just modify the styles. This is one that has me stumped.
Thanks for the help.

--
Ynez Dugan
Regulatory Operations