Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Swedelady Swedelady is offline

Default autotext in Word 2003 not working automatically

I have a user whose autotext does not work when she hits enter. I have
checked the autocorrect options, and all the tabs in that dialog box, as
well. her entries are long enough. Strangely Alt f3 does work, as well as
the insert button. Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you sure you're not confusing AutoCorrect and AutoText? In Word 2003 and
earlier, if Show AutoComplete suggestions is enabled, once a sufficiently
unambiguous portion of an AutoText name has been typed, a box appears with
the suggested autocompletion, and you can press Enter to complete it.

AutoCorrect entries, on the other hand, expand when a word separator (space,
comma, period, etc.) is typed.

So... if you really are talking about AutoText, make sure that Show
AutoComeplete suggesitons is ticked in the AutoText tab of the AutoCorrect
dialog box. If it is ticked... are the AutoComplete suggestions showing up
at all?

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Swedelady" wrote in message
I have a user whose autotext does not work when she hits enter. I have
checked the autocorrect options, and all the tabs in that dialog box, as
well. her entries are long enough. Strangely Alt f3 does work, as well
as
the insert button. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Swedelady Swedelady is offline

Thank you, I was looking at options in all the wrong places...and microsoft's
help on this is not helpful. Have a great day.

"Swedelady" wrote in message
I have a user whose autotext does not work when she hits enter. I have
checked the autocorrect options, and all the tabs in that dialog box, as
well. her entries are long enough. Strangely Alt f3 does work, as well
as
the insert button. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Swedelady Swedelady is offline

Hi that setting worked for almost all of her entries, except for a few. I
have deleted those, and reentered them, and that didn't help, but, again,
they appear in the insert autotext menu, and using f3 does insert them. Any
other ideas? Thank you

"Swedelady" wrote in message
I have a user whose autotext does not work when she hits enter. I have
checked the autocorrect options, and all the tabs in that dialog box, as
well. her entries are long enough. Strangely Alt f3 does work, as well
as
the insert button. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Swedelady Swedelady is offline

The suggestion below worked for most of her entries, but not all. I have
deleted those entries, and re-entered them. no dice, even though they are
available from the Insert Autotext menu, and F3 will enter them after she
types it. Any more ideas? Thanks.