Help - word keeps shutting down

Old February 7th 09, 05:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sara

Default Help - word keeps shutting down

Hi there

Each time I try to run the research function in word 2003, my computer
states that there is a problem with Word, it shuts down and tries to restart.

Then I get a message stating that "Word automatically saved changes to the
normal document template. Do you want to load it?"

The link to "More information about this error message online." has no
links.

I've re-installed office 2003 and still no luck.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Old February 7th 09, 07:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Re-installing rarely achieves anything useful - see
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old February 11th 09, 11:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sara

Thanks for the links Graham. Unfortunately, I'm still having trouble.
Word only stops working when I try to use the research function.
Do you have any other ideas?