keyboard shortcut for english to french characters - undo it!???

Old February 7th 09, 04:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
erchpiglet

Default keyboard shortcut for english to french characters - undo it!???

I accidentally pressed a series of keys which gave me French characters for
certain keys. How do I undo that? (And how did I do it in the first
place?!) This was in Vista but is it the same for Word 2003?
Thanks!
Old February 7th 09, 06:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

You have probably changed the keyboard setting in Windows regional options.
I think the default switching command is Left ALT + Shift which toggles
through the installed language options. Add the language toolbar to the
Windows Taskbar and/or remove unwanted languages from Windows regional
settings.

Either that or you have used the short cuts for accented characters (see
insert symbol) - in which case delete the characters and type in the
correct ones.

Vista is an operating system, not a Word version?

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old February 7th 09, 12:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
grammatim[_2_]

Or you have a laptop with a "function" key that changes what some keys
on your keyboard do -- find it and press it again.