Mail merge page numbering

Old February 11th 09, 01:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shazza

Default Mail merge page numbering

HI
working in Word 2000. I have a letter that i mail merge out to any number
of people (changes every month) once a month. This letter is 3 pages long
and has numbering in the footer to show page X of Y. When i perform a mail
merge from data in my database the numbering counts all of the merged docs ie
page 1 of 103.

I have tried formatting the page numbers so that they start at 1 each time
which works for page X but not for page Y.

Please tell me what i am doing wrong as i can not for love nor money figure
it out
--
Thank you for reading my post. Hopefully you can answer my querie
Old February 11th 09, 02:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_]

Hi Shazza,

In your mailmerge main document, select the 'Y' expression and press Shift-F9. You should see {NUMPAGES}. Change NUMPAGES to
SECTIONPAGES, then press F9 and re-run your mailmerge.

--
Cheers
macropod

Old February 11th 09, 02:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shazza

HA you are brilliant. Oh thank you thank you very much. You have saved my
sanity xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx