Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
stu stu is offline

Default Double Quotes in merge field text

I need to include double quote marks (") within the text of merge field.
When I simply include them in the conditional text, Word sees it as "end of
literal text". How can I mark the " characters as literals so they appear
in the output of the merge field?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See the examples at http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm -
Insert quotation marks in a conditional merge field result

Stu wrote:
I need to include double quote marks (") within the text of merge
field. When I simply include them in the conditional text, Word sees
it as "end of literal text". How can I mark the " characters as
literals so they appear in the output of the merge field?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
stu stu is offline

Thanks Graham

Solves the issue for conditional text. My next issue is going to be where
those characters are supplied as part of the merge data source, which I'll
need to try to resolve at the data level first!

Stu wrote:
I need to include double quote marks (") within the text of merge
field. When I simply include them in the conditional text, Word sees
it as "end of literal text". How can I mark the " characters as
literals so they appear in the output of the merge field?

How do I mail merge data that contains double quotes (ie, 5'9")? Patty Mailmerge 1 December 11th 06 10:21 PM
double quotes Ron Chapple New Users 3 January 29th 06 11:03 PM
Single and Double Quotes in Data Merge Incorrectly in Word 2003 weigoldk Mailmerge 3 November 9th 05 05:25 AM
Using double quotes in IF results Joey Microsoft Word Help 11 March 1st 05 03:00 AM
How to get mail merge to use double quotes huntbch81 Mailmerge 0 December 23rd 04 10:23 PM