how do i get the computer to read out what i have typed

Old May 13th 09, 05:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Default how do i get the computer to read out what i have typed

Thanks for your reply. Now when I rest the pointer on Jay's reply it says "1
out of 1 people found this post helpful". Thats 100%!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I wasn't meaning to suggest you hadn't. I use NNTP to post, so I can't see
any of the "frills" of the Web interface.

"dp" wrote in message
Thought I had, so I did it again (a couple times). Thanks.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Although you can't mark a reply as "the answer," you can mark it as

"dp" wrote in message
Jay - just wanted to thank you again. This feature has been most
I was not the OP so can you as an MVP 'green check' this post for the
Best wishes!

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

When you open the VBA editor, you should see a tree diagram on the
you don't see it, click View Project Explorer). One of the icons in
tree will be labeled "Normal". Click on that icon, then click Tools
References to open the "Project - Normal" dialog that Graham shows.

After checking the Microsoft Speech Object Library item in the dialog
clicking OK, the Normal icon in the tree will still be selected. Now
Insert Module. If the tree items below the Normal icon aren't
click the plus sign next to it; that will display two folders labeled
"Microsoft Word Objects" and "Modules". Expand the Modules folder if
necessary to see that there is at least one module icon under it,
should be labeled "Module 1".

If the Properties pane isn't visible below the tree diagram, click
Properties Window to display it. It contains two columns; on the left
will say "(Name)" and on the right it will say Module 1. Change the
right-hand column to say TextToSpeech.

Jay Freedman

dp wrote:
Word 2003 - Windows 2000 Professional. (1) Link gives sample add
Speech Library" in References - Normal. My pc Reference - Project.
Is this the same? then (2) says to create a new module but I'm not
sure where Insert | Module? but then I can't name it per
instructions. I don't see the "Project - Normal" screen shot shown.
Tried the help files but being new to macro/vba wound up completely
lost. Didn't want to continue and throw this completely off. Also
read link at the end about macros but that didn't use the vba editor
so again, lost me.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. TIA

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Milly wrote:
I managed to do this previously, totally by accident, and cannot
remember how I did it!

See http://www.gmayor.com/word_text_to_speech.htm.