how do I delete a table without deleting the contents/text within?

Old February 25th 09, 09:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Britt

Default how do I delete a table without deleting the contents/text within?

How do I delete a table from a word document without deleting the text in it?

Please be specific.

Thanks.
Old February 25th 09, 09:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey[_2_]

Assuming Word2003 or earlier. Click the Table menu then the Convert
command.

--
Greg Maxey - Word MVP

My web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old February 25th 09, 09:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

It depends on which version of Word as to how you go about it;

If Word 2007 click in the Table then click the Convert to Text button in the
Table Tools Layout contextual tab of the Ribbon (exterme right end).

If prior to 2007 select the Table then go to Table Convert Convert Table
to Text

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones