Changing the connected state of Add-Ins

Old March 2nd 09, 08:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
stu

Default Changing the connected state of Add-Ins

What do I do if the Adobe PDF add-in in Word 2007 is disabled and when I try
to enable I get the following message " the connected state of Office Add-Ins
registered in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE cannot be changed?"
Old March 3rd 09, 06:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Are you logged in as administrator?

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old March 3rd 09, 09:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
stu

I suspect not. I'm a humble home user and just log in to Vista as myself. I
did follow the links to fix the same problem in Outlook and logged in as an
Administrator in Outlook but haven't found a similar option for Word

Old March 3rd 09, 11:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

This is not really a Word issue but an Acrobat and Windows issue (I take it
your Acrobat version is compatible with both Word 2007 and Vista?) however
see
http://www.geekswhoknow.com/articles...inistrator.htm

Old March 3rd 09, 01:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
stu

Thanks Graham. I'm at a loss now. I am signed on as the administrator.
the PDF maker function is available in all the other office packages but is
diabled in Word. If I try to modify the Add-ins in any of the office
programs except Outlook I get the " the connected state of Office Add-Ins
registered in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE cannot be changed?" message. I despair (