Turn off capital letters on return

Old March 4th 09, 04:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
sunshine

Default Turn off capital letters on return

Every time I hit return I get a capital letter.
How do I turn off that option?
Old March 4th 09, 04:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
TedMi[_2_]

The return key indicates the end of a paragraph. A new paragraph starts with
a new sentence, so the first letter of the word is capitalized. Two ways to
turn it off:
W'07: Office button, Word options, Proofing, Autocorrect options, uncheck
Capitalize first letter of sentences.
Previous: Tools, Autocorrect options.

Better yet: Do NOT press return at the end of a line unless you mean to end
the current paragraph. Word is not a typewriter.

-TedMi