How do I put blank lines in a document?

Old March 17th 05, 08:05 PM
violet56

Default How do I put blank lines in a document?

I am making a coupon at the bottom of a letter for name, address, etc info.
How do I draw lines where people can write in the info?
Old March 17th 05, 09:37 PM
Pat Garard

G'Day Violet,

In Word, and on a blank line at the bottom of the Page,
type:
--- OR (3 hyphens)
___ OR (3 underscores)
=== OR
~~~ OR
###
followed by ENTER.

Repeat on the next line, until there are sufficient lines.

To space the lines vertically, select then all and
FormatParagraph
Set 'Space after:' to between (say) 6 pts.
Re-adjust to taste!
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

Old March 17th 05, 10:11 PM

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/LinesInForms.htm

Old March 17th 05, 10:20 PM
CyberTaz

If you want to provide printed documents for people to actually fill in the
blanks by hand, the easiest way is to use what is called a Tab Leader.

Assuming that you are 'labeling' one line (paragraph) for each piece of
information:

1) Select the paragraphs which need the lines and go to FormatTabs and type
in the position (4.5, 5.25 etc.) where you want the lines to stop,

2) Leave the Alignment option set to Left, select Leader option #4, and
click [Set]. Then click [Okay],

3) Place your Insertion Point at the end of the text on one line & press the
Tab key. Then do the same on each additional line.

If you want more than one item per line, such as

you can set additional tabs as necessary on those lines.

You could also just use the Underscore Character to create the lines, but
that might make it difficult to get all lines to stop at the same spot as
well as other undesirable concerns.

HTH |:)