How do you insert a block quote?

Old March 9th 09, 05:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Chrissy Kay

Default How do you insert a block quote?

Hi Everyone! How's it goin'? I would like some advice relating to inserting
a block quote into your document. I used the paragraph indention, but no
luck!
Old March 9th 09, 07:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com

Tell us in more detail what you are trying to achieve - what do you mean by
a "block quote"

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Old March 9th 09, 01:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz

As Doug suggests the term "block quote" has various implications depending
on the frame of reference. Typically it involves both a left & right indent.
If you Google the term you'll find plenty of information.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 3/9/09 12:58 AM, in article
, "Chrissy Kay" Chrissy

Old March 9th 09, 03:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
PamC via OfficeKB.com

If you are using W2003, apply the built-in block text style. It indents from
both left and right. For some reason, in W2007, the style text is blue,
italic, and the paragraph is inside borders—none of which you likely want for
a formal paper. You'll need to edit the style to get rid of the pretty stuff.

PamC

Old March 9th 09, 04:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I thought we had hashed this out with the product team and got them to
understand that Block Text or Block Quote does *not* mean the same thing as
Pull Quote, which is what the formatting they produced is intended for.
sigh Worse still, the default styles list includes Quote, which is just
Normal + Italic. double sigh

http://word.mvps.org

Old March 9th 09, 06:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
PamC via OfficeKB.com

What a relief. Here I was I was worried that I had messed up my normal.dotm
by somehow incorporating those bogus specs.

...You'd think it couldn't have hurt to add one more style.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
I thought we had hashed this out with the product team and got them to
understand that Block Text or Block Quote does *not* mean the same thing as
Pull Quote, which is what the formatting they produced is intended for.
sigh Worse still, the default styles list includes Quote, which is just
Normal + Italic. double sigh

If you are using W2003, apply the built-in block text style. It indents
from

[quoted text clipped - 10 lines]

Old March 9th 09, 08:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I'm really puzzled about this because this was a "bug" that was addressed by
several MVPs, and I could have sworn they'd told us it was fixed. Evidently
not. Maybe in Word 14...