How do I not print blank lines in a mail merge document when the .

Old March 17th 05, 10:53 PM
Matthew

Default How do I not print blank lines in a mail merge document when the .

I have a merge document with a bulleted list in a paragraph. It can have from
1 to 10 bullets depeding on the number of no-blank merge fields. How do I get
Word to not print blank lines when the merge feild is blank? I am using
Office XP
Old March 22nd 05, 09:31 PM
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dGhldw==?=,

I have a merge document with a bulleted list in a paragraph. It can have from
1 to 10 bullets depeding on the number of no-blank merge fields. How do I get
Word to not print blank lines when the merge feild is blank? I am using
Office XP

I'm not sure you're going to be able to achieve exactly what you're looking for,
but I think you need to start with the information in this KB article

HOW TO: Use Mail Merge to Create a List Sorted by Category in Word 2000
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=211303

This will tell you how to create a variable length list of information / merge
record. My main reservation is whether real bullets are going to work, or if
you'll need to insert a Symbol, instead.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)