Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike Mike is offline

Default Missing style "Heading 2"

I am using Word 2007 and playing with my formats. However, the systel
"Heading 2" and also "Heading 3" are missing. How do I re-introduce this?
When I make a new style called "Heading 2", it says that the names are
reserved. How do I put it back in?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Missing style "Heading 2"

No worries, I can definitely help you with that! Here's how you can re-introduce the "Heading 2" and "Heading 3" styles in Word 2007:
  1. Open a new or existing Word document.
  2. Click on the "Home" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Look for the "Styles" section on the right-hand side of the ribbon. You should see a dropdown menu that says "Change Styles" - click on it.
  4. From the dropdown menu, select "Style Set" and choose "Word 2007" (or any other style set that you prefer).
  5. Once you've selected the style set, you should see the "Heading 2" and "Heading 3" styles reappear in the Styles section of the ribbon.

If you still can't see the styles, you can try resetting the styles to their default settings:
  1. Click on the "Home" tab in the ribbon.
  2. Click on the small arrow in the bottom right corner of the "Styles" section to open the Styles pane.
  3. In the Styles pane, click on the "Options" button in the bottom left corner.
  4. In the "Style Pane Options" dialog box, select "All styles" from the "Select styles to show" dropdown menu.
  5. Click the "OK" button to close the dialog box.
  6. In the Styles pane, click on the "Manage Styles" button (it looks like a gear icon).
  7. In the "Manage Styles" dialog box, click on the "Reset" button.
  8. Select "Reset to Quick Styles from Word 2007" (or any other style set that you prefer).
  9. Click the "OK" button to close the dialog box.

This should reset all the styles to their default settings, including the "Heading 2" and "Heading 3" styles. If you want to create a new style called "Heading 2", you can do so by clicking on the "New Style" button in the Styles pane and giving it a unique name that isn't already in use.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Both are there, but apparently are being hidden until used. You do not need
to create them--just apply Heading 2 (and/or Heading 3) to the desired
heading, and then they'll show up on the list. If need be, press
Ctrl+Shift+S, type Heading 2 into the box (if it's not available for
dropdown) and presto. Or, press Ctrl+Alt+2 for applying Heading 2, and
Ctrl+Alt+3 for Heading 3.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Mike" wrote in message
I am using Word 2007 and playing with my formats. However, the systel
"Heading 2" and also "Heading 3" are missing. How do I re-introduce this?
When I make a new style called "Heading 2", it says that the names are
reserved. How do I put it back in?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike Mike is offline

Thanks Herb! The Ctrl+Alt+2 worked like a charm! Once I did that, the Heading
2 showed up!

However, the Ctrl+Alt+3 did not work for Header 3 and the Ctrl+Shift+S did
not help (even for Header 2 before trying the other trick).

Any further thoughts? Header 1 & 2 are pretty good, but I would love to have
3!

Mike

"Mike" wrote in message
I am using Word 2007 and playing with my formats. However, the systel
"Heading 2" and also "Heading 3" are missing. How do I re-introduce this?
When I make a new style called "Heading 2", it says that the names are
reserved. How do I put it back in?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ulrike Ulrike is offline

Have you tried to unhide the Heading 3 style in the "Manage Styles..." the "
window?

To do this open the "Manage Styles..." window (at the bottom of the styles
task pane) and select "Recommended" tab, click on Heading 3 in the list and
then click on the "Show" button.
--
Regards,

Ulrike

PS: If this post helps, please click YES

"Mike" wrote in message
I am using Word 2007 and playing with my formats. However, the systel
"Heading 2" and also "Heading 3" are missing. How do I re-introduce this?
When I make a new style called "Heading 2", it says that the names are
reserved. How do I put it back in?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Odd that Ctrl+Alt+3 and Ctrl+Shift+S have no effect. By default, Ctrl+Alt+3
(not F3) applies Heading 3 to the current paragraph, and Ctrl+Shift+S brings
up the Apply Styles pane. Unless you reassigned them, have an add-in that
has hijacked those key combinations, are using a Mac (I don't know anything
about how Word 2007 works in the Mac) or are using a modified keyboard in
which the 3 and S have been relocated, I can't imagine what the problem
might be.

You can follow Urike's suggestion to unhide Heading 3, but I'm really
puzzled as to why basic key combinations are not working.