How do I remove paragraph, space, and indent symbols in a .docx?

Old March 26th 09, 07:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kveran

Default How do I remove paragraph, space, and indent symbols in a .docx?

I accidentally hit a series of keys on my computer and my Word document
started to show symbol markup. Every pressing of the Enter key yielded a
Paragraph symbol; each indentation displayed an arrow; and each space
displayed a small dot. This link will direct you to a screenshot.
http://i39.tinypic.com/2gtuf85.jpg

What did I press and how do I get rid of this?
Old March 26th 09, 07:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kveran

Problem solved--toggle "Show/Hide Paragraph Marks", the Paragraph symbol, in
the Paragraph box on the Home ribbon.

Old March 26th 09, 09:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gordon Bentley-Mix at news.microsoft.com

Default How do I remove paragraph, space, and indent symbols in a .doc

Glad you were able to resolve the problem yourself. If you'd like to learn
more about these non-printing characters and why seeing them can (sometimes)
be helpful, see the article on the MVP site:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/NonPrintChars.htm
--
Cheers!

Gordon Bentley-Mix
Word MVP

Please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup.

Read the original version of this post in the Office Discussion Groups - no
membership required!

paragraph indent Scotti New Users 1 October 10th 06 03:01 PM
How to remove the paragraph and formatting symbols on the view Linda W Microsoft Word Help 4 September 19th 06 07:56 PM
How do I remove paragraph symbols and bullets between words? Kerri Microsoft Word Help 3 June 15th 06 02:22 PM
Paragraph symbols and space dots (and my hatred thereof) Boo Radley 401 Microsoft Word Help 4 October 21st 05 10:36 PM
Indent a paragraph Ellen Microsoft Word Help 0 September 12th 05 01:00 PM