Why do my textboxes disappear when I move them?

Old March 31st 09, 04:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dachef

Default Why do my textboxes disappear when I move them?

I have a large document that I am trying to edit, which contains a number of
textboxes. However, when I try to move them slightly on the same page they
either disappear completely or move to another point in the document
altogether!

I have tried everything I know - I have deleted them all and tried to insert
them again, but the problem previals. I am not trying to move them over each
other - I am simply trying to move them (within the set margins) slightly to
the right or to the left.
Old March 31st 09, 06:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ned23

Are you using Word 2007 or an earlier version?

If you are using Word 2007, all you need to do is create the text box and
then go to: "Format the Text" "Layout" and set it to "square."

Then once the box is anchored approximately where you want it, all you
should need to do is grab the pull handles on the box and move the various
sides of the box to where you want them to be. The basic location of the box
should not move.

In earlier versions of Word, I would strongly recommend that you use a
once-cell table instead of a text box. Set the wrapping on the box to wrap
around the table and then to adjust the size of the table, place your curser
inside the cell and grab the handles on the table ruler to move the left and
right extents of the table.