proposal document with custom header and footer

Old April 2nd 09, 04:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Decks05

Default proposal document with custom header and footer

I will try to explain this the best I can. I am creating a template for a
bid proposal that has the following:
1) company information (logo, address, phone, etc), which I have already
created a table for and is at the top of the page;
2) for ONE page documents, have a table with date of proposal and salesman
name along with company name (which I have also created a table for)
3) for TWO page documents, have the footer read "--CONTINUED--" and then
bump the table with the date and salesman name to second page.
NOTE: I would like to keep the company information only on page one

Any help is appreciated.
Old April 2nd 09, 04:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...onscontent.htm
to solve your problem.
Best of luck with the proposal in these current times.
DeanH

Old April 2nd 09, 04:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH

Sorry, also meant to send this over.
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm for
details on how to do different Headers and Footers, etc. in one document.
DeanH

Old April 2nd 09, 04:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You'll first of all need to enable "Different first page" if you haven't
already. Put your letterhead in the First Page Header; in the primary
Header, put whatever you want to be in the header in the second and
subsequent pages.

In the footers (both First Page Footer and primary Footer), you'll need an
IF field, as follows:

{ IF { PAGE } = { NUMPAGES } "[paste your table here]" "--CONTINUED--" }

All the pairs of braces above are field delimiters and cannot be entered
from the keyboard; they must be inserted using Ctrl+F9. After you've created
the field, press F9 to update it. Test with 1, 2, 3 pages and make sure it's
working. You'll find that it's best to insert a placeholder for the table
until you are sure the field is working correctly, then paste the table in
between the quotes where indicated.

Note that this type of IF field in the footer will probably update when you
print or Print Preview, but it won't update "automatically." To make sure
it's working correctly, you'll need to select it and press F9 to update
manually.

http://word.mvps.org