Roland67

Default Word 97 Envelopes

I have some access software which uses a Word 97 template to build an
envelope. What I need to know is how can I remove page part of the file.
All I need is an envelope template. It would make things easier during
printing. Is there anyway to do this?

(Software doesn't play well with Word 2002 so can't upgrade yet to newer
version.)

Thanks!

It can be done, though it's usually preferable to start with an envelope
paper size and build a template from scratch. The easiest way to remove the
document is as follows:

1. With the insertion point in the envelope, go to Page Setup. Make sure
that "This section" is selected in "Apply to" (it should be, by default).

2. Making no changes, click OK.

3. Place the insertion point in the document (after the section break) and
press F4. This will duplicate all the Page Setup settings from Section 1 (so
that the second page is also an envelope paper size, with the same margins.

4. If you're not already in Normal view, switch to it, as that makes the
next step a little easier.

5. Select the section break and delete it. This should reduce you to one
page.

"Roland67" wrote in message
I have some access software which uses a Word 97 template to build an
envelope. What I need to know is how can I remove page part of the file.
All I need is an envelope template. It would make things easier during
printing. Is there anyway to do this?

(Software doesn't play well with Word 2002 so can't upgrade yet to newer
version.)

Thanks!

Reveal Formating Code Dick Microsoft Word Help 5 March 12th 05 09:51 PM
Is there a Fast Search in Word? [email protected] New Users 14 February 11th 05 08:43 PM
copying files from Wordperfect to Microsoft Word Juliet New Users 1 January 31st 05 05:41 PM
macro in word js Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 03:01 AM
Macro that will add the file path & date to Word footnotes? Rich P Microsoft Word Help 2 December 15th 04 07:49 PM