Is there a Musical Note symbol I can insert in a Word doc?

Old April 8th 09, 04:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard Streelman

Default Is there a Musical Note symbol I can insert in a Word doc?

I'm using WORD 2003 SP3

I'd like to be able to insert a "musical note symbol" into a document.

For example, if "#" was that symbol, I could type a cheery:

## Happy Birthday to You! Happy Birthday to You! ##

....complete with 4 musical note symbols. Thanks for your help!
Old April 8th 09, 06:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

In the Arial Unicode MS and MS Gothic fonts, among others, you'll find quarter,
eighth, and sixteenth notes at Unicode numbers 2669 through 266C. For example,
to insert a quarter note, type 2669 in the document and press Alt+X.

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...tSpecChars.htm for more.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Old April 8th 09, 11:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There are two musical note characters in Times New Roman, Arial, Courier
New, and other fonts, in the Miscellaneous Dingbats character subset at 266A
and 266B.

http://word.mvps.org

"Richard Streelman" Richard wrote in
message ...