Where do I get fonts (particularly Gill Sans)?

Old April 15th 09, 06:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eric_NY

Default Where do I get fonts (particularly Gill Sans)?

I received a document that uses font Gill Sans. I have:

Gill Sans MT (True Type), plus bold, bold italic, condensed, etc.

But no simple Gill Sans.

How can I get the Gill Sans font.

(I'm using Windows XP and Word 2003.)

Thanks.

Old April 15th 09, 08:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What you have should be satisfactory. If not, see
http://www.linotype.com/488/gillsans-family.html or any of the other hits
you get when you google for "gill sans font."

http://word.mvps.org

Old April 15th 09, 08:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eric_NY

"What you have should be satisfactory"

It's not - what I see is Courier New.

However, considering that it's $26 to download a font from that site, I
think that Courier New is good enough for now.

Thanks.

Old April 15th 09, 11:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you actually have Gill Sans MT installed, then you should be seeing that,
not Courier New; you can either explicitly change the font applied, or you
can change the font substitution (Tools | Options | Compatibility).

http://word.mvps.org