Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sj sj is offline

Default Run time error 5355

We have document template which is located on a network drive. The template
location is identified in the Workgroup Template location.
We have intermittent problems in which a user may have successfully edited a
document several times and then suddenly when he goes to save it he'll get
"Run-time error 5355. The save failed due to out of memory or disk space.
(C:\...\Content.MSO\filename.doc)." The filename is not the document
filename, but some auto-generated name (ex: 6333D93F.doc). We are running
Word2007, SP 1 with the Compatability Pack. We can open the document in Word
2003 and save it, then open it in Word 2007 and save it successfully.

This does not happen for every document created from the template. The
template does have a header in which the page number & total pages fields are
used as well as another field referencing a bookmark. The bookmarked data
does exist, print preview updates these sucessfully. We are using auto
macros for opening & closing the document and are connecting to an Oracle
database using a Powerbuilder application and OLE. [If we suppress the
autoopen macro and try to save the document we get a run-time error 5180 word
cannot open this document template (c:...\content.mso\autogen_filename.dot).
We have the Save command redirected to VBA module to close the database
connection and then save the document. If we select Debug on the message
box, we're positioned on the ActiveDocument.Save command.

As a regular user, if I look for c:\....\content.mso I don't see it. If I
log in as an Admin I can see c:\...\content.mso and I'll see the file
referenced in the message. Not all documents based on this template have
files in teh c:\...\content.mso folder; only those that I have trouble
saving. Looking at the files in my c:\...\content.mso folder, most of them
are files I have opened in SharePoint. The document(s) created from this
template are not stored in SharePoint.

We've searched the knowledge base and tried NoAutoUpdateFieldsRMark (kb
954541) and CompDiffSupressPageRefOnlyInHdr (kb 954540); these did not
resolve the issue.

Any help would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sj sj is offline

Discovered the document has a missing Reference. A temporary file has been
added to the References. Removing the MISSING reference, allows us to
successfully save the document.

"sj" wrote:

[...]

Run time Error Le Tam Microsoft Word Help 1 March 22nd 07 11:47 AM
run-time error 53 Genia New Users 2 March 1st 07 07:07 PM
Run time error 91 wkstob Microsoft Word Help 1 August 25th 06 01:41 AM
run time error 91 tonyd Microsoft Word Help 1 June 24th 06 07:46 AM
Run-time error '13' Kelli Microsoft Word Help 1 April 30th 05 01:30 AM