Custom Toolbars won't stay put, despite saving settings-why?

Old April 22nd 09, 07:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Holmgren - Kalamazoo, MI

Default Custom Toolbars won't stay put, despite saving settings-why?

I had created 3 custom toolbars which contained all the icons I use on a
regular basis, and eliminated anything un-needed. I placed those and placed
the custom toolbars in the location on my screen where they work best for me.
I had ONE toolbar on the TOP and TWO toolbars at the BOTTOM of my screen.
Recently, WORD would keep hiding one of the lower toolbars, despite the fact
that I had my settings to permit additional lines of view. Now, my system
will NOT KEEP my toolbars where I dock them. I have used the Office Wizard
to save my settings (with no other programs open), and STILL every time I
open each day, I have to move my customized toolbar back to the lower
position on the screen where it is the most efficient for me. I only have
TWO toolbars displayed now (one UP and one DOWN), trying everything I can
think of to get past this problem, so it's not an "overload" situation. Does
anyone have any suggestions? HOW CAN I MAKE WORD KEEP THE LOCATION I PUT MY
TOOLBARS IN?????
Old April 23rd 09, 03:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PJY

I know this is going to sound ridiculous, but......, with your toolbars in
the place you like them - try going into macros, then just select any macro,
then edit, make a change to that macro (then undo that change), hit save
normal, then close. I had this very same problem and this worked for me
(Using Word 2003).
Hope it helps!

Old April 23rd 09, 04:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That just forces a save of Normal.dot. You could accomplish the same thing
with Shift+File | Save All, or by opening Tools | Customize and making a
change and then undoing it (the latter should cause a prompt to save
Normal.dot when quitting Word).

http://word.mvps.org