Shortcut key to check a checkbox

Old May 7th 09, 07:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
karenbeth24

Default Shortcut key to check a checkbox

In Word 2002, I was able to use the keyboard shortcut of Alt+X to check a
checkbox. This no longer works in Word 2007. Is there a new shortcut?

Thanks!
Old May 7th 09, 08:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Perhaps you had something reassigned - ALT+X has [AFAIK] always been
assigned to the ToggleCharacterCode command. ie; 2122, ALT+X inserts ™ or
20AC, ALT+X inserts €.

I've always used the Spacebar to reverse the status of a checkbox.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

Old May 7th 09, 08:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In a protected form, Spacebar checks and unchecks a check box form field. If
you were using Alt+X to check a box, it may well have been the shortcut key
for a macro. In any case, Word 2003 and above use Alt+X to toggle Unicode
characters.

http://word.mvps.org

Old October 1st 10, 10:51 AM
Lestrad Lestrad is offline

Hi. I think what karenbeth means, and what I'm looking for, is how do you send the shortcut enabled by the "&" in front of the name of the checkbox (and indicated by a letter being underlined)? On some of my forms, Shift+Alt+x (x being the shortcut - the letter preceded by the "&") seems
to work, but on a dialog from another Word "app" I'm using, it doesn't work. Yet the checkboxes all have the little underlined letter (or number) in front of them.

What I want to do is send a SendKeys to one or more of the checkboxes. Any help would be appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne S. Barnhill View Post

Old November 20th 13, 06:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Friday, 8 May 2009 01:23:17 UTC+5:30, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
In a protected form, Spacebar checks and unchecks a check box form field. If
you were using Alt+X to check a box, it may well have been the shortcut key
for a macro. In any case, Word 2003 and above use Alt+X to toggle Unicode
characters.

http://word.mvps.org

"karenbeth24" wrote in message
In Word 2002, I was able to use the keyboard shortcut of Alt+X to check a
checkbox. This no longer works in Word 2007. Is there a new shortcut?

Thanks!

Thanks. This helped a lot.