Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Greg is offline

Default Have Word docx that is a form but cant edit, how do I edit?

I have a Word document that was created to be a form where you only can enter
information in certain fields. It doesnt let you edit the form to make
changes. How do I make this editable to I can make these changes?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jeanne Jeanne is offline

Hi Greg,

Sounds like the form is protected - if you have a formal forms program at
your company chances are the creator or "forms" person will have to make the
changes for you.

Otherwise, depending on if the form is password protected or not, you can
unprotect the form by going under the Review tab - the last option to the
right is the Protect Document setting. Depending on how the protection is
set up will determine your next step.

"Greg" wrote:

I have a Word document that was created to be a form where you only can enter
information in certain fields. It doesnt let you edit the form to make
changes. How do I make this editable to I can make these changes?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Greg is offline

It was created by someone elses company and asked me to revise it. It seems
to be protected after looking at what you mentioned. If its password
protected, would it say it there also? I dont see anywhere to enter a
password. Seems the only security I can take off of is it to be able to put
comments onto the form and tracked changes.

"Greg" wrote:

I have a Word document that was created to be a form where you only can enter
information in certain fields. It doesnt let you edit the form to make
changes. How do I make this editable to I can make these changes?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jeanne Jeanne is offline

Click on Protect Document, Restrict Formatting and Editing, check the box in