symbol for "in care of" for mailing

Old May 15th 09, 05:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gentle Spirit

Default symbol for "in care of" for mailing

Does anyone know how I can make the "in care of" symbol for addressing an
envelope? I have checked Wingdings. No luck

Thanks!!
Old May 15th 09, 07:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Type C/O format the C as superscript and the O as subscript. Save the
resulting combination as an autocorrect entry for C/O

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old May 15th 09, 02:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
grammatim[_2_]

On May 15, 12:58*am, Gentle Spirit Gentle
wrote:
Does anyone know how I can make the "in care of" symbol for addressing an
envelope? *I have checked Wingdings. *No luck

Thanks!!

It's Unicode 2105. Type 2105 followed by Alt-X. It occurs in quite a
few fonts, including Times New Roman, Calibri, Arial, Lucida, and
Tahoma.

If you're going to use it a lot, you can assign a keyboard shortcut in
the Insert Symbol panel -- go to the "Letterlike Symbols" group.

Old May 15th 09, 02:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I have it defined as an AutoCorrect entry for "c/o." At some point recently,
I was having to use "C/O" for something (can't now remember what), and the
AutoCorrect entry was a nuisance, but that's rare.

http://word.mvps.org