Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Leprakawn Leprakawn is offline

Default Black line across top of page « How do I remove it?

Hello, all!

I received a 5-pg word document, and I was asked to help remove a black line
that runs across the top of each page. The page margins are ¼ of an inch,
but the line itself is roughly at ¼ from the top.

I am unable to select it, and when I go to headers/footers, the line turns
gray, and I am unable to do anything with it there. I thought it might have
something to do with the paragraph border, but that is not it either. And
when I insert a sixth page, the line appears at the top of that page, too. :-/

Does anyone here have any thoughts of what I can do to remove it?

Thanks for your help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

It could be a page border. In case of Word 2003, select Format Borders and
Shading Page Borders tab. Is a top border shown in the preview? In that
case, click the border to remove it or click None. In case of Word 2007, you
can access the dialog box via Home tab Paragraph group click the arrow
next to the bottom-right icon and select Borders and Shading.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Leprakawn" wrote:

Hello, all!

I received a 5-pg word document, and I was asked to help remove a black line
that runs across the top of each page. The page margins are ¼ of an inch,
but the line itself is roughly at ¼ from the top.

I am unable to select it, and when I go to headers/footers, the line turns
gray, and I am unable to do anything with it there. I thought it might have
something to do with the paragraph border, but that is not it either. And
when I insert a sixth page, the line appears at the top of that page, too. :-/

Does anyone here have any thoughts of what I can do to remove it?

Thanks for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Leprakawn Leprakawn is offline

Lene:

Yep, I was just messing around with it myself, and found and removed the
page border... and voilÃ*!

Thanks!