How to Enlarge Font Size Bigger than 72 pt

Old May 23rd 09, 06:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SallyJane

Default How to Enlarge Font Size Bigger than 72 pt

I'm making posters and need larger type. Isn't there a way to make it
larger than 72 pt? I tried typing in the size I wanted but it wouldn't
accept the numbers I chose.
Old May 23rd 09, 06:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

The secret is to press 'enter' after typing the required font size in the
appropriate window.
Publisher, if you have it, is a better tool for making posters.
--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old May 23rd 09, 07:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_]

Hi SallyJane,

You can type your own numbers - up to 1638. the units are in points, so 1638pt = 22.75in (57.785cm).

--
Cheers
macropod

Old November 26th 13, 05:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Saturday, May 23, 2009 1:03:01 AM UTC-4, SallyJane wrote:
I'm making posters and need larger type. Isn't there a way to make it
larger than 72 pt? I tried typing in the size I wanted but it wouldn't
accept the numbers I chose.

fni
Old November 26th 13, 06:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom[_3_]

You can just type in the font size you want into the Size box (on the Home
tab).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old December 11th 13, 03:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement