Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Seenewnow Seenewnow is offline

Default Embedding OpenType fonts

Can I embed OpenType fonts when I save a Word 2007 document as a pdf? If
yes, I must be doing something wrong, because they don't embed, even though I
have checked all the boxes in Options/Save/Embed. I'm lost about what else
to do -- could it be that I needed to get some special license when I bought
the fonts (one is from Adobe; the other is from someplace else; neither
embeds)?

If no, can I do so in Publisher?

Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Many fonts are designed & licensed to not be embeddable. If that's the case
the font won't be embedded by any software regardless of what settings you
use. Go to your Windows Fonts folder, right-click the font in question &
examine the information on the Embedding Tab.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 5/25/09 11:45 PM, in article
, "Seenewnow"
wrote:

Can I embed OpenType fonts when I save a Word 2007 document as a pdf? If
yes, I must be doing something wrong, because they don't embed, even though I
have checked all the boxes in Options/Save/Embed. I'm lost about what else
to do -- could it be that I needed to get some special license when I bought
the fonts (one is from Adobe; the other is from someplace else; neither
embeds)?

If no, can I do so in Publisher?

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Note also that Word/Office doesn't seem to allow *.otf fonts to be embedded.
See this KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908475/en-us ("You
cannot embed an Adobe OpenType font in a document in an Office program").

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

.. .