How do I remove yellow background behind text?

Old May 26th 09, 09:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SProvost

Default How do I remove yellow background behind text?

Someone sent me text that had a light yellow background, in a table. How do I
remove the yellow? The format paintbrush does not work.
Old May 26th 09, 09:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Format | Borders and Shading (Shading tab).

http://word.mvps.org

Old May 26th 09, 09:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules

Did you select the table and try changing "Borders and Shading"?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Old May 26th 09, 09:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SProvost

That did not work. It is only part of the cells that are yellow. It looks
like a reviewing highlight, or an invisible text box.

Old May 26th 09, 10:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Possibly the shading is applied to the text rather than the table cell? What
happens if you select the text and press Ctrl+Spacebar?

http://word.mvps.org