Font not showing up

Old May 29th 09, 05:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DB

Default Font not showing up

Control panel/ fonts shows that a particular font has been loaded but MS word
font pull down does not show it is available. any ideas
Old May 29th 09, 06:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
grammatim[_2_]

If your Windows is earlier than Vista, have you closed Word since you
installed the font?

Old May 29th 09, 08:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DB

I did. The IT guys at my firm re-imaged my machine and it still will not
recognize the font. When i open a document in Word the name of the Font
shows up but it does not look correct in the actual document. In fact when
you click around in the document it recognizes the font name and the font
size... but again, it clearly is not dicplaying the correct font.

When you display the fgont dialog box the "preview window" tells me the font
has not been installed. but it has.

Old May 29th 09, 08:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

IME (even under Windows XP), newly installed fonts show up immediately in
Word (without restarting). Where I have seen problems is in Publisher, but
even there it isn't necessarily to restart Publisher, just close and reopen
the given publication.

http://word.mvps.org

Old May 29th 09, 11:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
grammatim[_2_]

Did you get the font from a legitimate supplier? Has it behaved
properly in other applications?

On May 29, 12:17 pm, DB wrote:
Control panel/ fonts shows that a particular font has been loaded but MS word
font pull down does not show it is available. *any ideas- Hide quoted text -

Old May 30th 09, 07:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

What is the font? Is it a TrueType font?
--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org