How to auto-fill names and titles that I pre-enter in a list?

Old June 4th 09, 03:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mardi

Default How to auto-fill names and titles that I pre-enter in a list?

I've really tried with AutoText and Word Options to do something in Word 2007
and I hope you can help me. In old Word: I could start typing, say, my name:
Mardi de.....as I was typing a box with my name and title would come up
giving me the oppotunity to hit 'enter' and it would automatically fill in:
Mardi de Kemp, Communications Officer. Tried your online help and F1 help on
my computer to try to find this function in Word 2007 - I want to be able to
fill in many names, titles and organizations to give me an 'autofill?' option
as I type. I do not think the AutoText 'gallery' suits my purposes.

Old June 4th 09, 05:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mardi

Thank you Suzanne, not the answer I was hoping for but as clear and helpful
as you could be, Mardi........Ottawa............m

Old June 4th 09, 06:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

FWIW, MS has been forced to acknowledge that this was an unpopular decision
(based on what seemed at the time rational considerations wrt other building
blocks), and I think you'll be better pleased with Word 2010. g

http://word.mvps.org