Remove date/time stamp in Track Changes?

Old June 4th 09, 08:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
redpencilgirl

Default Remove date/time stamp in Track Changes?

Hi, everyone --

I'm using Microsoft Office Word 2007, and I'd like to be able to make
changes in Track Changes without the date and time showing up. I don't mind
if the recipient knows that I'm the author of the change or comment, but I'd
like the date and time when I made the change or comment to remain my private
business.

Is there any way to make that change?

Thanks!
Old June 5th 09, 01:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

On Thu, 4 Jun 2009 12:30:01 -0700, redpencilgirl
wrote:

Hi, everyone --

I'm using Microsoft Office Word 2007, and I'd like to be able to make
changes in Track Changes without the date and time showing up. I don't mind
if the recipient knows that I'm the author of the change or comment, but I'd
like the date and time when I made the change or comment to remain my private
business.

Is there any way to make that change?

Thanks!

On the Office button menu, go to Prepare Inspect Document. After inspecting
the document, when the results panel shows up, click the button to remove all
"Document Properties and Personal Information". Then save the document. The
dates and times will be removed from all tracked changes, and the reviewer name
will be changed to "Author".

This won't do if you're using custom document properties, because those would be
removed at the same time.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Old June 8th 09, 03:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
redpencilgirl

OK, so that works...but it does seem a bit extreme. As I said, I don't mind
if my name is attached to my comments. Isn't there any other way to
eliminate date and time from the information that's automatically encoded
when I make a comment?

Old June 8th 09, 04:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

No, if there was another way I would have told you. That's what's available.