How to recover corrupt file from word doc "File Conversion" pop up

Old June 10th 09, 07:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kat

Default How to recover corrupt file from word doc "File Conversion" pop up

Hello,

I think I may have corrupted a Word document used in Word 2007, saved in
2003 format (*.doc). The doc was saved ion my USB so I'm assuming it must
have somhow corrupted that way. I get the box prompt where it asks me to
Convert File from..."

I've tried all sorts of method:

- Install Office SP2
- Convert file to "Recover Textd from Any File"
- Convert file to almost all of the other formats listed in the drop down
box
- tried to save a copy of the file and cut out some of the gibberish text

Nothing seems to work. Is there any hope?

Thanks

Old June 11th 09, 03:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jean-Guy Marcil[_3_]

Kat was telling us:
Kat nous racontait que :

Hello,

I think I may have corrupted a Word document used in Word 2007, saved
in 2003 format (*.doc). The doc was saved ion my USB so I'm assuming
it must have somhow corrupted that way. I get the box prompt where it
asks me to Convert File from..."

I've tried all sorts of method:

- Install Office SP2
- Convert file to "Recover Textd from Any File"
- Convert file to almost all of the other formats listed in the drop
down box
- tried to save a copy of the file and cut out some of the gibberish
text

Nothing seems to work. Is there any hope?

If you have tried "Recover text from any file" and it did not work... it may
be hopeless.
Try opening it with Notepad...

Let this be a lesson, NEVER save directly to a removable media, always work
from a file based on a hard drive, save, exit, and then transfer it to the
removable media with Windows.

--
Jean-Guy Marcil