How do you get rid of the overstrike function?

Old June 14th 09, 11:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Laurie

Default How do you get rid of the overstrike function?

I'm typing a report and whenever I backspace it erases a letter and then
erases letters in the word so that you are always behind a letter.Help!
Old June 14th 09, 11:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules

Hit the Insert key one time.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Old June 15th 09, 02:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Backspacing is supposed to delete letters backward (Delete deletes forward).
If you want to move backward through the text, use the Left Arrow key. Even
disabling "Typing replaces selection" won't prevent Backspace from deleting
backward; it will only prevent Backspace from deleting selected text.

http://word.mvps.org