How to get rid of a second page..

Old June 18th 09, 02:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CM

Default How to get rid of a second page..

I have created letters with fields and frames with address at the top and
bottom. The letters are very long. I have page set up to top-1.6, left -1.25,
bottom- 0.25, and right 1.2. The problem is that I am not able to delete the
second blank page that keeps producing on all of my letters. I know this is
because of the bottom margin and if I take it down farther I can then delete
the blank page but the problem is that I really need to leave the bottom at
0.25 in order for my letter to work and merge through my other program it is
running through. I also can not move the addresses in the frames that have
been set so that is not an option. They need to stay where they are. Please
help me if you know of a different way to get ride of my second page. Thanks!
Old June 18th 09, 02:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom[_3_]

"Blank" pages are usually pages with blank paragraphs on them. Deleting
excessive paragraph marks also deletes the pages. For more on blank pages,
see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm.

To show/hide paragraph marks () as well as other nonprinting marks, press
Ctrl+Shift+8.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old June 18th 09, 02:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

If the text won't fit on the page, use a smaller font. You can't put a quart
in a pint pot.
Do however check there are no unwanted empty paragraphs at the end.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old June 18th 09, 02:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm. Instead of using
frames to create what sounds like letterhead, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

http://word.mvps.org

Old June 18th 09, 05:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CM

I have tried to delete this way several times. This normal way of deleting
blank pages doesn't work for me.

As you mentioned, id does show the paragraph markers but they will not delete.
CM