"Please wait while Setup prepares the necessary files"

Old June 30th 09, 10:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sergio

Default "Please wait while Setup prepares the necessary files"

Every time that I run "Microsoft Word 2007 Home and Student" I get the
message ""Please wait while Setup prepares the necessary files." There is
nothing that I can do to change this "setup." I had been running "Microsoft
Word 2007 Home and Student" for longer than one years but this kind of "bug"
apeared for only a paar weeks ago.

Old July 1st 09, 01:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom[_3_]

Are you running both Word 2003 and Word 2007 on the same computer? If so,
you need a registry "hack"; see the "Hacking the Registry" section of the
article at http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm.

If you are not running two versions of Word, try repairing the installation.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP