Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Marcos_H Marcos_H is offline

Default Change look and feel of Word 2007

I just upgraded (my company upgraded me) from Word 2003 to 2007. I really
don't like the look and feel of 2007, especially how busy the top bar is with
the boxed menus. Is there any way of reverting the look and feel (or at least
portions of it) back to those of 2003 or earlier versions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pat Garard Pat Garard is offline

G'Day Marcos,

The BAD news is that it cannot be done!

The GOOD news is that you can soon get used to it - really!

See:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...CH100487431033
for an online interactive guide that shows the Word 2003 Menu and, when you
perform an 'action' with the Menu, it shows you where the command is in Word
2007.

If you like it, there is a standalone version that you can download at

All the best!
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Marcos_H" wrote:

I just upgraded (my company upgraded me) from Word 2003 to 2007. I really
don't like the look and feel of 2007, especially how busy the top bar is with
the boxed menus. Is there any way of reverting the look and feel (or at least
portions of it) back to those of 2003 or earlier versions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PA PA is offline

Pat is correct, you will adjust, or you will retire.
I hated it when I first started with Office 2007, and I use Word, Excel, and
Access constantly.
My biggest problem was that I could not find the commands I was looking for,
and if I found a command and then didnt use again for two weeks, I had to
play the hunt for it game all over again.
But you will soon get used to it.

"Marcos_H" wrote:

I just upgraded (my company upgraded me) from Word 2003 to 2007. I really
don't like the look and feel of 2007, especially how busy the top bar is with
the boxed menus. Is there any way of reverting the look and feel (or at least
portions of it) back to those of 2003 or earlier versions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pat Garard Pat Garard is offline

G'Day PA,

Pat is correct, you will adjust, or you will retire.

WOW!
The Ribbonway or the Highway?

Fluent, Huh? ;-)
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Marcos_H" wrote:

I just upgraded (my company upgraded me) from Word 2003 to 2007. I really
don't like the look and feel of 2007, especially how busy the top bar is with
the boxed menus. Is there any way of reverting the look and feel (or at least
portions of it) back to those of 2003 or earlier versions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Office 2007 does not have a "classic menu" option built in, but there
are a number of third-party add-ins available that add Office-2003-style
menus to Office 2007. Two free ones I know of are
http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribbon...izer/index.php and
http://in.geocities.com/shahshaileshs/menuaddins . In Word 2007, you
can press Ctrl+F1 to toggle on/off display of the "top bar" (aka Ribbon).