Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Betsy Betsy is offline

Default Word 2007--How do I create a reference to a page number?

Did this many years ago in WordPerfect. Created a reference point (like a
bookmark) and then could reference that bookmark with a page number.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Check out the Help articles on Bookmark and Cross Reference.
This is very simple to do in Word, either showing the Page number of the
bookmark or the text of the Bookmark.
Come back if you need more information.
DeanH

"Betsy" wrote:

Did this many years ago in WordPerfect. Created a reference point (like a
bookmark) and then could reference that bookmark with a page number.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] is offline

Hi Betsy,

You can use a PAGEREF field to display the page number where a bookmark is
located in a hyperlink to the bookmark. First you need to create a bookmark.
In this example, we'll call it MyBookmark. Then, at the place where you want
to create the reference, type PAGEREF MyBookmark \h. Then block what you just
typed, and press Ctrl+F9. This should add curly brackets to the field code
and create a gray background. Finally, with the cursor still inside the field
code, press F9. You may also need to press Alt+F9.
--
Hope this helps,
Pesach Shelnitz

"Betsy" wrote:

Did this many years ago in WordPerfect. Created a reference point (like a
bookmark) and then could reference that bookmark with a page number.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In addition to what Dean and Pesach have said, note that many elements in
Word are bookmarked automatically. If you open the Cross-reference dialog
(References | Captions | Cross-reference), you will see that headings,
"numbered items" (that is, autonumbered paragraphs), footnotes, endnotes,
and various caption labels are listed along with bookmarks. If the reference
point you want to cross-reference fits one of these descriptions, then you
don't need to manually bookmark it.

http://word.mvps.org