Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BonpuaJ BonpuaJ is offline

Default My Mouse can't move the cursor

My mouse use to be able to move the cursor around my document. I can
highlight and do whatever it is supposed to do. Just the other day it
stopped working. It will only funtion when on the toolbars in word or any
other software, i.e. Outlook, Adobe, etc. How do I get my mouse to be
functional within my Word document again?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Could be a damaged Word data key in the Windows registry.
Assuming you have Word 2007, close Word, start regedit, and
rename the
"\\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12. 0\Word\Data"
key. Word 2007 will create a new Data key using the factory
default settings when you restart the program. If this fixes the
problem, great... but you might have to re-select some of your
Word Options settings. If it doesn't, you can close Word 2007,
rename the old key back to its original name to retrieve your old
Word Options settings.

BonpuaJ wrote:
My mouse use to be able to move the cursor around my document. I can
highlight and do whatever it is supposed to do. Just the other day it
stopped working. It will only funtion when on the toolbars in word or any
other software, i.e. Outlook, Adobe, etc. How do I get my mouse to be
functional within my Word document again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
donnastill donnastill is offline

I had the exact same problem which started 2 days ago. My husband found this
link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940791. It will actually fix the
problem for you. I just ran it and it worked!