Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Guy Guy is offline

Default Mouse does not work in Word 2007

I have a Dell Optiplex 360 with a generic Dell mouse. For some reason when I
use Word 2007 i can't get the mouse to work. I am able to click on the
toolbar and menu items but I can't click on any items under Word Options and
I am unable to click, drag or highlight in the Document itself.

I have read several posts and have tried updating the mouse driver, and I
even tried using the regedit to delete the Data Key. But everytime I open up
Word I still am having the same problems with the mouse not functioning
properly.

Is there any other solutions that I can try which will fix the problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940791/en, particularly the part about
deleting the Word Data key.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Guy" wrote in message
I have a Dell Optiplex 360 with a generic Dell mouse. For some reason when
use Word 2007 i can't get the mouse to work. I am able to click on the
toolbar and menu items but I can't click on any items under Word Options
and
I am unable to click, drag or highlight in the Document itself.

I have read several posts and have tried updating the mouse driver, and I
even tried using the regedit to delete the Data Key. But everytime I open
up
Word I still am having the same problems with the mouse not functioning
properly.

Is there any other solutions that I can try which will fix the problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Guy Guy is offline

Doug,

I followed the kb article 940791 and tried deleting the Word Data Key but
the problem is still not fixed any other ideas?

Guy

"Guy" wrote in message
I have a Dell Optiplex 360 with a generic Dell mouse. For some reason when
use Word 2007 i can't get the mouse to work. I am able to click on the
toolbar and menu items but I can't click on any items under Word Options
and
I am unable to click, drag or highlight in the Document itself.

I have read several posts and have tried updating the mouse driver, and I
even tried using the regedit to delete the Data Key. But everytime I open
up
Word I still am having the same problems with the mouse not functioning
properly.

Is there any other solutions that I can try which will fix the problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
FatMagic FatMagic is offline

I had the exact same problem as the original poster -- and this registry fix
repaired my problem running this on Windows 7!

Thanks!

-FM