Eliminating Headers & Footers on Certain Pages

Old August 5th 09, 11:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lost in Kentucky

Default Eliminating Headers & Footers on Certain Pages

I have a 40 page document. I need headers and footers on pages 1 - 20 and
blank pages, no headers or footers, on pages 21 - 40. Any ideas how I can
achieve my goal?
Old August 6th 09, 01:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

On Wed, 5 Aug 2009 15:01:02 -0700, Lost in Kentucky
wrote:

I have a 40 page document. I need headers and footers on pages 1 - 20 and
blank pages, no headers or footers, on pages 21 - 40. Any ideas how I can
achieve my goal?

- Insert a section break between pages 20 and 21.

- Open the header pane on page 21. It should say "Header -Section 2-".

- If this is Word 2003 or earlier, there will be a floating Header/Footer
toolbar; in Word 2007 it's a Header/Footer tab on the ribbon.

- Click the Link To Previous button to turn it off.

- Delete the header text.

- Go to the footer. Again, turn off the Link To Previous button and delete the
text.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman