Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sandi[_2_] Sandi[_2_] is offline

Default Possible to automatically number sentences?

Is it possible to automatically number sentences in MS Word 2003?

If I get a draft document for comment, I like to widen the line spacing
and lay it out in two columns.

This means I can't refer to the orginal text by using line numbers
because my line numbers are different to those in the original.

I figured sentence numbers might be possible but how/
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You can number *paragraphs* but not sentences (unless every sentence is a
paragraph). You could insert a SEQ field at the beginning of every sentence,
I suppose. If you define the SEQ field as an AutoText entry, you can then
insert it easily (you can also use copy/paste). SEQ fields don't update
automatically on insertion (unless you're using AutoComplete for AutoText
entries), but you can Ctrl+A, Ctrl+F9 to update them.

http://word.mvps.org