How do I change equation font face Word 2007

Old August 12th 09, 05:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
HenryAlive

Default How do I change equation font face Word 2007

I'm new to writing equations in Word. My default font is Calibri but when I
use the equation insert capability I get the Cambria font. I want to change
Cambria to Calibri.

I can change the size of the font easy enough but not the face.

So how to do this please?
Old August 12th 09, 06:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

I believe the ability to change fonts in Word 2007's new equation editor is
determined by the availability of math fonts, the chances being that you
will only have Cambria Math available. If you have others they should be
offered in the equation options which you can access by clicking the arrow
in the bottom right corner of the Tools section of the Equation Design
ribbon.

An alternative would be to use the older Equation editor (Insert Object
Microsoft Equation 3). You *may* have to re-run Office setup to add that
function.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old August 12th 09, 10:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
HenryAlive

HenryAlive wrote:
I'm new to writing equations in Word. My default font is Calibri but
when I use the equation insert capability I get the Cambria font. I
want to change Cambria to Calibri.

I can change the size of the font easy enough but not the face.

So how to do this please?

Graham, many thanks for your good advice. I followwee the suggestion on your site and have posted a suggestion to Microsoft to fix the issue.

For now I will work with Calibri as the general fone and use Cambria for the
math. Cambria math in the equation format is not too different from Calibri
and so the mix will have to do. Basically I don't have the time or the money
to go chasing and experimenting on this. But the outcome it is not quite
fully prpofessional is it? Regards, thanks again
Old August 12th 09, 12:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt

HenryAlive wrote:
I'm new to writing equations in Word. My default font is Calibri but
when I use the equation insert capability I get the Cambria font. I
want to change Cambria to Calibri.

I can change the size of the font easy enough but not the face.

So how to do this please?

Graham, many thanks for your good advice. I followwee the suggestion on
your site and have posted a suggestion to Microsoft to fix the issue.

For now I will work with Calibri as the general fone and use Cambria for
the
math. Cambria math in the equation format is not too different from
Calibri
and so the mix will have to do. Basically I don't have the time or the
money
to go chasing and experimenting on this. But the outcome it is not quite
fully prpofessional is it? Regards, thanks again

Actually it is. By using a slightly different font for your equations, you
give a visible clue as to what parts of a sentence are actually variables in
your equation and should be interpreted as such by the reader. So using a
different font for your equations actually enhances the readability of the
document.

Yves