how do I type Chinese characters in Word

Old August 12th 09, 08:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jax FL Person

Default how do I type Chinese characters in Word

Set up Chinese language support in Regional Settings (including US keyboard
support). In Word, click the CH language icon on task bar and use SimSun
Chinese character font - english alphabet characters appear?? Any help
please?
Old August 12th 09, 10:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter T. Daniels

There are a lot of different Chinese input methods. Which one(s) did
you choose to install?

IIRC SimSun is a Simplified? So you're probably using a pinyin input
method. You should be getting a tiny input window when you start
typing, and as soon as a possible character has been achieved, it
shows you a panel with all the possibilities (most frequent first, and
the next time you type it, the one you chose last time will appear
first, etc.). Spacebar and Enter are used in these methods.

There is (or was) a huge (excessively chatty) webpage by Russ Rolfe
called "What is an IME (Input Method Editor) and how do I use it?"
devoted to the CJK (Chinese Japanese Korean) input methods. It's dated
July 15, 2003 (but it seems to still apply to Vista) and the url at
the foot of the page is http:/www.microsoft.com/globaldev/handson/user/
IME_Paper.mspx?rf=true I accessed it on 11/9/07.