how do I change the icon size in Word 2007 toolbars

Old August 16th 09, 04:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Howard Walker 635

Default how do I change the icon size in Word 2007 toolbars

As a slightly disabled user, I have always been ble to change the size of the
icons on what I call toolbars in earlier versions of word.
I cannot find how to do it in word 2007, and any search for a toolbar comes
up with zero results. The standard screen is unusable without the aid of a
magnifying glass, making the system impossible to use.
I cannot imagine that Microsoft will have omitted such an important item for
those with poor sight.
Do I have to change to Open Office?
Old August 16th 09, 05:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom[_3_]

To get bigger icons in Word 2007, you will have to change the screen
resolution.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Howard Walker 635" wrote in
message ...

Old August 16th 09, 05:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Greg Maxey[_2_]

Howard,

With the exception of a single customizable Quick Access Toolbar (QAT),
Word2007 doesn't use menu and toolbars like previous Word versions. It uses
a Ribbon, Tab, Groups, and Controls. To make matters worse the QAT only
displays "normal" sized controls and the out of the box selecton of icon
choices is very limited.

You can customize the Ribbon and add your own tab with "large" controls.
See:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Ribbon.htm
and
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Ribbon_Custom_Icons.htm

Howard Walker 635 wrote:
As a slightly disabled user, I have always been ble to change the
size of the icons on what I call toolbars in earlier versions of word.
I cannot find how to do it in word 2007, and any search for a toolbar
comes up with zero results. The standard screen is unusable without
the aid of a magnifying glass, making the system impossible to use.
I cannot imagine that Microsoft will have omitted such an important
item for those with poor sight.
Do I have to change to Open Office?

--
Greg Maxey - Word MVP

My web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old August 17th 09, 06:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

Windows accessibility options accessories come with a magnifier that follows
the cursor and enables magnification of icons in all applications, and is
intended for those with a visual impairment. You'll find it in the
accessories group of the start menu programs listings.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com